The GSERM Global School in Empirical Research Methods is a high-calibre programme teaching research methodology.
We not only welcome PhD students, postdocs, and graduate students from all kinds of study fields, but also professionals working outside of academia. You enhance your skills in block seminars taught by world-class faculty amongst an international crowd of participants.
At three different locations in Europe and one in South America we offer courses in quantitative and qualitative statistics. Participants choose one course per week (24 contact hours) worth 4 ECTS, network with fellow researchers, and enjoy an interesting cultural programme.
Courses are offered from basic up to research level. Accommodation is offered and can be booked at an additional cost. All courses are taught in English.
GSERM Academic Directors
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Herrmann, Management and Research Methods, Institute for Customer Insight, University of St. Gallen
- Prof. Dr. Emanuel de Bellis, Marketing, Psychology and Experimental Design, Assistant Professor for Marketing and Research Methods, Institute for Customer Insight, University of St. Gallen
- Prof. Dr. Michael Lechner, Economics and Econometrics, Swiss Institute for Empirical Economic Research, University of St. Gallen
About the University of St. Gallen
- Business, Law, Economics, and International Affairs
- Founded in 1898
- more than 8.800 students (25% international), 700 doctoral students, 100 professors
- more than 200 partner universities worldwide
Top global rankings of University of St. Gallen
Today, rankings are available for all spheres of activity at the University of St. Gallen: teaching, research and further education. The rankings refer to individual courses of study, disciplines, programme types or the University as a whole.
Many rankings place us among the leading business universities in Europe.
- Financial Times Ranking, Masters in Management: 1st place among the best business universities worldwide with the Master in Strategy and International Management (SIM-HSG)
- Financial Times Ranking, Masters in Finance: 8th place among the best business universities worldwide with the Master in Banking and Finance
- Financial Times Ranking, Top European business school: 4th place among business schools in Europe
- CHE Ranking: Top group for business administration, economics, international relations and law in German-speaking Europe
- Handelsblatt: Top group in business administration and economics research in Europe
We received EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA accreditation for our holistic education at the highest academic level, making us the first German-language university in Europe to have received both leading international seals of quality.
Please see further information about HSG Facts and Figures or HSG Research below: